Making pizza from scratch is fun and gives you all the freedom to choose everything that fit your taste bud starting from flour to meat to toppings and cheese. While kneading can be a bit of labouring, but think of it as a good exercise and you will enjoy the hard work. I loves making my own pizza because I know there’ll be extra veggies to cover these extra cheeses. 😀
This pizza dough recipe is adopted from Jamie Oliver. Jamie is one of my favourite chef. He makes cooking so lively that I’ve fallen in love too deep into cooking that I don’t think I can find the way back 😉
- 1 kg white bread flour or Tipo ’00’ flour, or 800g strong white bread flour or Tipo ’00’ flour, plus 200g finely ground semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 x 7 g dried yeast sachets
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 650 ml lukewarm water
- Sieve the flour/s and salt on to a clean work surface and make a well in the middle.
- In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into the water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well.
- Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid.
- Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour in, and when it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean, flour-dusted hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and flour the top of it. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Now remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands – this is called knocking back the dough.
TIPS: It is important to use a high protein flour (high in gluten) to get the elasticity of a pizza slice just like what you seen in pizza commercial ads.
- WHATEVER YOU LIKE 😉 or you can try these:
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree and grease the baking tin with some olives oil. Dust some flour to avoid sticking. Or you can use glass or wood baking tray.
- Heat a pan and fry some chopped onions. Stir until brown and add grind meat. You can use any meat you like red or white and before hand I squeeze these meats. Because I purchase a frozen one, the meat is shape in patty. I add some black pepper to marinate the meat. Then, as the meat is half cook, I add the veggies. Some chopped carrots, cabbage and mushroom will do the magic. No need to fry them too long because cooking doesn’t stop yet.
- For sauce, I use tomato soup mixed with tomato paste and some salt for seasoning.
- Spread the tomato sauce on pizza dough, add the fried meat and veggies, and because my family loves black olives, we sprinkle these over too. You can add capsicum and more tomatoes too.
- Then, come the best part, shredded some cheese as you much as like.
- Cook the pizza until cheese turn brown.
- Option: You can also add cheese at edge side of dough rounding. My siblings love this dearly!
RESEPI DUH PIZZA DALAM BAHASA MELAYU
- 1 kg tepung berprotein tinggi
- 1 sudu teh garam
- 2 paket yis (7 g setiap satu paket)
- 1 sudu besar gula kastor
- 4 sudu besar minyak zaitun
- 650 mL air suam